Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chex chicken



So, I don’t know about you, but when new GF items join the market, Tommie gets uber excited. This was the case when Chex cereal created a GF Corn Chex. Well, Tommie actually isn’t much of a cereal eater and I found myself with a conflict:

1. eat the cereal myself (which didn’t sound too pleasing, I’m pretty picky when it comes to cereal),

2. force it down my husband’s throat (which would not be nice),

3. throw it out (this would have broken my heart, I hate food going to waste),

4. or figure out a way to use it in a meal.

So, then what to make? Chicken!!! I crushed up the Chex, added some salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning. I then coated the chicken in egg, and dipped it in the Chex mix. Then I just cooked it in some veggie oil.

The result…yummy, crispy chicken.

No comments: