Thursday, January 20, 2011

Puppy Chow

So you will never find this stuff just sitting around our house. Tommie hates (and I mean hates) peanut butter and I'm trying to drop some pounds so it isn't conducive to our styles. However, I was asked this year by my mom and sisters to make a batch for the holidays. So I figured I'd throw the recipe up here just in case there are still people out there that don't know how to make it.

Ingredients:
-9 cups of Chex cereal (woo hoo for GF cereal)
-1 c chocolate chips
-1/2 c peanut butter
-1/4 c butter
-1/4 tsp vanilla
-1 1/2 c powdered sugar

*Okay, here is another disclaimer: I may have giving you set amounts for the ingredients, however this is one of those recipes where you just wing it. If you think it needs more chocolate or peanut butter then add it.

1. Put the cereal in a large bowl, or ziploc bag (make sure whatever you put it in has plenty of room for your to mix up your ingredients).
2. Melt chocolate, peanut butter, and butter.
3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
4. Pour over cereal and mix.
5. Put mix in a ziploc bag
6. Add powdered sugar and shake well to coat.
7. Now I don't do this, but you can then lay out the mix on wax paper and allow it to cool.

Enjoy!

No comments: