Thursday, January 20, 2011

Restaurant Review: Papa Roux revisited

Okay, so I know in the past I've sang the praises of Papa Roux, however, I don't think I fully explained the yumminess of this establishment.

As some of you know, I work nights at a hospital and so dinner time has become somewhat of a non-existent entity in our home. Well, last Friday I was cancelled due to a low patient population (which is great for patients and turned out to be great for me). I quickly decided that I was going to pick up Tommie from work and we were going to go to Papa Roux's for dinner.

Even though I had eaten Papa Roux's once before, I had never actually been for a 'sit down' at the restaurant. Therefore I was a little surprised when we walked in and (1) it is tiny, and (2) it was packed!!!! It resembled a marketplace almost on how quick and efficient the staff was at helping customers order their food and get moving.

Here are some pros about eating at the restaurant:
1. you will most likely get to sit next to someone you've never met
2. unlimited FREE sides
3. did you read number 2?

So Tommie ordered the roast beef po-boy with no bread. I ordered the muffaletta. Then we set down and a waitress zoomed over and explained the 'flag' system. Basically, when you're ready for a side you just raise the flag and let the staff know what you want. The servings about 1/2 cup sizes so if you don't like something then you won't feel too bad about not finishing it. Plus, it helps you to not overeat.

Of course are meals were FANTASTIC. Here is a list of all of the GF options:
*All Po-Boys are GF when served over rice.
*red beans & rice
*creole (SUPER SPICY, but sweet and yummy if you can handle the heat...beware)
*chili
*chicken creole
*chicken chili
*chicken chili frito pie
GF sides: (remember these are unlimited when you eat in)
*red beans & rice (mentioned above)
*coleslaw
*creole
*apple sauce
*white rice

So everyone should go to this restaurant. The food is wonderful, the staff is friendly, and the price is great! Dinner cost us about $17 and we were so full when we left. BTW: you can order any of their sides to go for $.50!!!!

No comments: