Monday, May 10, 2010

Review: Carrabba's Italian Grill

We went to Carrabba’s on Saturday night for an early Mother’s Day celebration with my mom. I downloaded the gluten-free menu the day before, and decided that I was going to get the Pollo Rosa Maria if I could get it with Marinara sauce instead of the mushroom and lemon butter sauce. When we arrived, the server was very helpful with my sister (she's GF also) and my orders, making sure to indicate that they were to be gluten-free. He spoke with the kitchen staff to make sure that the Marinara was safe, and that they could replace the Pollo Rosa Maria’s usual sauce with the Marinara. My sister, Kristen, and I both had that with garlic mashed potatoes and Mama Mandola’s Sicilian Chicken Soup (without pasta).

It was delicious. I don’t get to eat at Carrabba’s very often, and I slightly prefer Maggiano’s since they have a gluten-free pasta available, but I will definitely be looking forward to the next time we have a family outing at Carraba’s.

Overall, I give Carrabbas 4 out of 5 stars - they'll earn 5 out of 5 when they add some GF pasta to the menu.

http://www.carrabbas.com/ restaurant site
http://www.carrabbas.com/menu/pdf/GFmenu.pdf GF menu

No comments: