Monday, May 10, 2010

Review: Dr. Lucy's Gluten Free Cookies

As I was reading Living Without magazine a couple of weeks ago, I saw an ad for Dr. Lucy’s cookies that said they were being sold at Whole Foods and Starbucks now. I checked at the local Whole Foods when we went shopping there once, but I didn’t see them. I figured that I’d have to find them there, because I almost never go to Starbucks. Oddly enough, Brandie had a meeting at Starbucks for a charity event that she was volunteering for, and she asked me to come along. As I was ordering Brandie’s and my drinks, I remembered the ad, and started looking for the Dr. Lucy’s. I found the chocolate chip cookies and bought myself a bag. They were very good. They reminded me of Chips Ahoy cookies from my pre-GF days. Now, while I was not a fan of Chips Ahoy when I could eat them, finding a cookie that tastes good, is GF, and decently priced, as the Dr. Lucy’s were, I have to give them a thumbs up. I got 4 or 5 average-sized cookies for a little under $2 (before tax), at Starbucks, which makes these cookies not only GF, but also relatively inexpensive and widely available.
-Tommie

No comments: