Tuesday, September 9, 2008

GF Italian heaven - Da Lucianos, River Grove, IL

There are not a lot of gluten-free Italian restaurants in the Indianapolis area, okay, there is only one that I know of and they're a major chain that only has a limited selection. Therefore, when my husband and I had the chance to try Da Lucianos while visiting family in Chicago, we were very excited. The restaurant is small so it is best to call ahead and reserve seats, but the atmosphere is wonderful - kind of your grandma's kitchen meets an upscale environment. The atmosphere however fades away once the food is served. Please do not think I am exaggerating when I say that Da Lucianos is thee BEST Italian food I have ever eaten - gluten-free or otherwise. The menu is vast and the entire restaurant staff is welcoming and ready to help with your order.


Next time you're in Chicago, I would highly suggest this restaurant! You can even order food to go, Tommie and I always take a cooler with us so we can return to Indy with GF Italian goodies in hand. However, if you can't make it up to Chicago, the restaurant does have an online store now! The restaurant's website is:
http://www.dalucianos.com/index.cfm You can find store information, menus and the story on how the family was introduced to CD and the gluten-free lifestyle.
Of course, you don't have to take my word for it - just 'google' Da Lucianos and you'll find tons of positive reviews from happy customers. Eating at Da Lucianos is a must when vacationing in Chicago!

No comments: